Monday, April 6, 2009

Michael Johns Single! - Popstar

The news continues to spread like wildfire, as yet another source posts Michael Johns' announcement of his new April 14th release date for his first single "Heart On My Sleeve". Michael's debut album Hold Back My Heart goes on sale June 23, 2009! There are lots of truths in the sentiments posted by the writer from Popstar.com:
Former Idol Michael Johns to Release Album
by Written By: cjoyce
Michael Johns - Heart On My Sleeve

In every musician's life, there is that moment when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life creating music. For Johns, it happened when he was fifteen and his inspiration was Pearl Jam's "Daughter." Johns said, "I don’t know what it was about that song, but afterward I kept singing it over and over. The feeling it gave me made me say, ‘I have to do this for life.’ I started a band a few months later and have been going ever since. I never dreamed it would take me here.”

We all fell in love with the Aussie from down under during season seven of American Idol and this coming June Michael Johns will release his debut album titled Hold Back My Heart. Each week on Idol, Johns rocked out with his contagious charisma, his powerful rocker style, and his soulful sound. It has been a year since we last saw Johns and he has been working hard on his music to bring his fans the best album ever.

Johns new album will definitely skyrocket to the top of the charts with his first single "Heart On My Sleeve" which was co-written by Johns and John Shanks. John Shanks produced Miley Cyrus's new song "The Climb" and also penned lyrics for Colbie Caillat, Sting, and Bon Jovi. His new album Hold Back My Heart will be available through TRP Records and will be distributed by Downtown Records/Fontana. Mark your calendars because "Heart On My Sleeve" will be debuting on iTunes on April 14 and hitting the airwaves on April 21st.

No comments: